Simple, inexpensive things you can do to help the planet
Terms & Conditions
Below you’ll find our formal terms of service. The gist is this:
- We’re responsible for what we say. We’re not responsible for what you say (in comments, for example).
- We don’t claim to be experts on this stuff. We brainstorm, do a little research, and share our ideas. If we suggest you convert your car to bio-diesel and it ends up the world’s largest doorstop, well, that’s not our fault.
- We offer It’s the little things out of the goodness of our hearts. Take it or leave it, but please don’t sue us. Thanks. Seriously.
Formal Terms of Service
Acceptance of Terms
“It’s the little things” (hereafter referred to as ITLT, the website for which will be hereafter referred to as “the Website”) operates under the following Terms of Service (“TOS”), which we update from time to time without necessarily notifying you directly. You can review the most current version of the TOS at any time at: http://itsthelittlethings.info/terms-conditions/
ITLT reserves the right at any time to, among other things:
- change the terms and conditions of this TOS,
- change the Website, including eliminating or discontinuing any content on or feature of the Website,
- change any fees or charges associated with the use of the Website or for any products or services offered for sale or otherwise available on the Website.
BY USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
If you have any questions or comments about these TOS, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Description of Service
ITLT provides a variety of content and commenting facilities (the “Services”). The site may include advertisements, which are necessary to help support the Service. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new ITLT properties, shall be subject to these TOS.
ITLT allows members of the general public to post comments to the Website. ITLT may remove or change any user-created content at any time, for any reason.
People may post messages or make statements in the comments that are inaccurate, misleading or deceptive, whether intentionally or unintentionally. WE NEITHER ENDORSE NOR ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OPINION, ADVICE, INFORMATION OR STATEMENT MADE OR DISPLAYED IN THE COMMENTS BY THIRD PARTIES, NOR ARE WE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH POSTINGS, OR FOR HYPERLINKS EMBEDDED IN MESSAGES.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED IN THESE FORUMS. THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THESE FORUMS ARE SOLELY THE OPINIONS OF THE PARTICIPANTS, AND DO NOT REFLECT THE OPINIONS OF ITLT OR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES.
ITLT have no obligation to monitor comments or any other materials that you or third parties transmit or post on or to the Website. However, you acknowledge and agree that we have the right (but not the obligation) to monitor the Website and the materials you transmit or post; to alter or remove any such materials; and to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate the Website properly; to protect ourselves, our sponsors, and our Members and visitors; and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
Certain products or services may be offered for sale on the Website. You may be asked by ITLT or the applicable third party to supply certain information, including, but not limited to, credit card or other payment information. You agree to provide ITLT or such third party with information that is accurate, complete and current, and to comply with the terms and conditions of any agreement that you enter into in connection with your purchase of any product or service. You are responsible for all charges incurred by users of your account, credit card or other payment mechanism, as well as for all applicable taxes on any such purchases.
Descriptions, images or listings of, or links or references to, products or services on the Website (“Offerings”) do not imply ITLT’s endorsement of such products or services. We reserve the right, without prior notification, to change such Offerings (including without limitation any prices or available quantities), or to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or refuse to service you.
Sweepstakes, Contests and Games
Any sweepstakes, contests and games (“Activities”) that are available through the Website are governed by specific rules, which are linked from the particular Activity. By entering such Activities, you are subject to those rules-please remember to read them carefully.
Rules of Conduct
While using the Website or any services on or through the Website, you agree to act in a way that is civil and constructive at all times. ITLT is meant to be a resource for people who want to improve the world. By posting comments to the Website, you agree to make all reasonable attempts not to be hurtful or defamatory. ITLT may delete comments at will for any reason. ITLT also reserves the right to use any technical means at our disposal to prevent users who do not abide by the TOS from commenting on the site, including, but not limited to IP blacklisting, comment moderation, etc.
ITLT allows members of the general public to comment on our posts. ITLT does not control comments posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ITLT BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICE.
You agree not to use the Service to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a ITLT representative, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- upload, post, or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual relationships;
- upload, post, or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass another user; or
- collect or store personal data about other users.
You acknowledge that while ITLT does not pre-screen Content, the Service and its designees have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, move, or remove any Content that is available via the Service. ITLT may preserve Content, and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ITLT, its users and the public.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet and of this site, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content.
ITLT makes no representation that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. Those who choose to access the Website do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent applicable. We reserve the right limit the availability of the Website and/or provision of any Offering described thereon to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we so desire, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such Offering that we provide.
Content Submitted to ITLT by its Users
In consideration for ITLT allowing you to use the Service, when you submit Content or make it available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, you grant ITLT a world-wide, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub-licensable and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part), and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed.
You agree to indemnify and hold ITLT, and its employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, including any violation of the Rules of Conduct that are set forth at http://itsthelittlethings.info/terms-conditions/, any allegation that any materials that you submit to ITLT infringe or otherwise violates the copyright, trade secret, trademark or other intellectual property rights of a third party, or your violation of any rights of another user.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
You agree that ITLT, in its sole discretion, may take reasonable technical measures to block your use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, if ITLT believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS. We do not need to give you notice that your access has been terminated.
Dealings with Advertisers
Your dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that ITLT shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
ITLT may provide links to other Web sites or resources as background for our posts. ITLT has reviewed these third party sites, but has no control over such sites and resources. You acknowledge and agree that ITLT is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
ITLT’s Proprietary Rights
You acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You also acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by ITLT or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part.
ITLT grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of its Software on a single computer; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Service. You agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by ITLT for use in accessing the Service.
None of the information disclosed in comments or other User provided Content shall be subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution, or otherwise, on our part and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of such information or Content.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. ITLT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- ITLT MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM ITLT OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ITLT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
The ITLT logo and its product and service names are trademarks of ITLT. You agree not to display or use these marks in any manner without prior permission.
ITLT respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you seriously believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify ITLT at email@example.com
The TOS constitute the entire agreement between you and ITLT and governs your use of the Website and Web Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and ITLT. The TOS and the relationship between you and ITLT shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and ITLT agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the country of New Zealand and any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. The failure of ITLT to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this TOS and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. The section titles in the TOS are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This TOS is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with our prior written consent. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach of default.
Last revised: 8 July 2009